The HR Coordinator will support day to day HR operations; will be accountable to all administrative and planning projects within the HR Department. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the successful candidate will provide administrative support, advice and coaching in onboarding, employee relations, recruitment, performance management and on-going projects within the division.
Education: Completion of post-secondary degree or diploma in the Human Resources, Business or related discipline. Desire to obtain or working towards CHRP designation is preferred.
Experience: Minimum 2-3 years of Human Resources support experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assists in full cycle recruitment, including writing and posting job descriptions, resume screening, schedule and conduct interviews, background checks and reference checks
· Responsible for the organization of the New Hire Process i.e.: arrange Pre-Employment testing, conduct orientations, schedule applicable training, etc.
· Responsible for Benefits administration, including enrollments, changes and cancelations
· Maintains employee personnel files and various HR databases, ensuring a high level of confidentiality
· Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual HR reports and statistics
· Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of Job Descriptions and company policies and procedures
· Assist in the administration of employee performance management
· Assist in the planning and administration of internal Training and Development programs
· Provide timely support with regards to employee inquiries and/or employee relations issues.
· Support the organization to promote overall employee satisfaction.
· Aid in the administration of promotional events.
· Assist in planning and coordinating employee social activities/events.
· Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of HR practices and developments within the organization
· Participate in HR related projects as required
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
· Strong MS Office Skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
· Knowledge and understanding of current legislation and regulations
· Strong time management, organization and prioritization skills, with a high attention to detail
· Positive attitude and self-motivated ; able to work independently and in a team
· Superior interpersonal as well as verbal and written commination skills
· Ability to proactively problem solve, driven towards creative and efficient results
· Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
· Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of working effectively with various stakeholders
· Able to work within strict deadlines
· Competitive compensation
· Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance benefits
· Employer-matched Pension Plan Contributions
· A flexible and positive work environment
Qualified candidates are asked to apply no later than March 1st, 2014.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Department:
Website: www.wapitigravel.ca (Current Openings)
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.